You searched for:
Pre-Nursing Health Science Certificate
The 16-unit certificate program offers students the opportunity to complete
science and lab courses which are required by most nursing and health-related
Integrating core science subjects with a Christian worldview, along with
strong curriculum and lab experience, this certificate will help students on a
path to various careers in the health care field.
- Prepare for advanced studies in nursing and other professional programs in
- Complete lab experience and requirements without visiting a formal
- Integrate a Christian worldview with the study of the sciences
- Establish academic skills and habits needed to enter most nursing
- Support career aspirations in a variety of roles in the health care
The Pre-Nursing Health Science Certificate includes the following courses:
- BIOL 220 General Microbiology/Lab
- BIOL 250 Human Anatomy/Lab
- BIOL 251 Human Physiology/Lab
- CHEM 115 Chemistry for Health Sciences/Lab
Designed to Equip You
This certificate is designed to help students who want to apply to a nursing
or health degree program complete the common science prerequisites. For example,
this certificate can be used as preparatory work for some Azusa Pacific
University School of Nursing programs (admission is not guaranteed). (Students
should check with other schools whether this certificate meets prerequisites).
Whether it is nursing, physical therapy or another career, the Pre-Nursing
Health Science Certificate will prepare students to advance their professional
This certificate is offered completely online, along with lab packs sent to
your homeproviding students flexibility, convenience and the opportunity to
progress towards their academic goals.
The Pre-Nursing Health Science Certificate prepares students for entry into
nursing and health degree programs, along a journey toward a variety of careers
such as a licensed vocational nurse (LVN), registered nurse (RN), physical
therapist, and many more health care roles.
To get more information about APOU's programs please complete the form on the right or call 877-317-1338 and a program representative will contact you shortly!